Your Privacy is important. Your personal information will be collected by Orchard HRO Pty Ltd for its own use who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
The following information outlines how we manage your personal information.
We will need to collect personal information about you
Personal information may range from the sensitive (e.g. relevant medical history or criminal history) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements.
We will only collect information that is necessary for the proper performance of our tasks or functions. We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted. If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
Who will be collecting your personal information?
Your personal information will be held by Orchard HRO Pty Ltd in our Melbourne and Sydney offices. Our address details are located on our web site. Some of your personal information may be held on off-site servers, backup devices and portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying. There may be cases where our duties of care or contractual duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs.
When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
How your personal information will be used
Your personal information will be used for the purpose of:
- our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- the necessary validation (including from appropriate third-party sources) of your resume, c.v., nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it;
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- our identification of your training needs;
- suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- our statutory compliance obligations;
How your personal information may be disclosed
To assist you effectively, we may need to release certain appropriate information about you (having gained your express permission) to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Orchard HRO Pty Ltd or related entities;
- a person who seeks a reference about you;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be off shore;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
- a parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
If you choose to not give us the information we seek
Although all information that we ask for is purely voluntary, if you choose to not provide the information Orchard we seek, we may be limited in our ability to assist you through the services we provide.
You can gain access to your personal information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in privacy legislation you have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal information that we hold about you is misleading, irrelevant, not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If we are unable to agree that personal information that we hold about you is not misleading, relevant accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is misleading, irrelevant, not accurate, incomplete or out of-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our privacy coordinator, whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
We conduct transactions electronically as well as in hard copy and by face to face measures. It is important that you understand that there are risks associated with the use of electronic technologies and the use of the internet and you should take all appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
Disposal of your information
If you require us to dispose of your information, please inform us in writing addressed to the National Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our policy is to destroy unused information in a secure and confidential manner.
Fair Trading Amendment (Employment Placement Services) Act 2002 and Regulations
The above Act and Regulations require us to provide the following statement to you.
- Orchard HRO Pty Ltd is an employment placement service and we do not charge candidates (job applicants) a fee for the purpose of finding that candidate employment.
- We do not engage in any misleading or deceptive conduct including activities such as:
- Advertising a position as being available when we know no such position exists
- Knowingly giving misleading information to a candidate about the nature of a position